To advance the general recognition of the EUROPEAN REGISTERED TOXICOLOGIST (ERT), standards of education and training of candidates in EUROTOX member societies should be harmonized at levels as high as possible. For this purpose the current program supports the exchange of teachers between existing programs in different countries. Furthermore, to cope with the increasing need for specialized training in toxicology, “Elective Modules” are stipulated in the Guidelines for Registration 2012 (B 14-22). These elective modules preferably will be designed and offered jointly by two or more countries, similar as the collaborative ERT courses suggested in the Guidelines. These activities will require involvement and travelling of experienced teachers.
II. Activities eligible
Cross-border exchange of teachers can be supported for the following purposes:
- to promote harmonization of ERT education at high standards
- to design and conduct joint specialized modules offered by two or more societies (Elective Modules according to ERT Guidelines for Registration)
- to design and conduct collaborative ERT courses of more than one society, e.g. of societies with and without courses (according to Guidelines)
Applications can be submitted by course directors or by teachers. They should provide a short description of
- the module or course project, incl. dates, and the particular purpose to be served
- name, affiliation, and special qualification of the teacher(s) for the purpose
- financial support requested
- Quality of project. Innovations proposed. Applications which serve best the EUROTOX purposes (see above), e.g. harmonization, development of courses in countries with insufficient toxicology training, modules offering specialization in topics needed
- Quality of teachers. Their experience in the project area.
III. Applications, deadlines, decisions
- Applications must contain the information listed above under II.
- Applications should be in electronic form and addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evaluation of applications and decisions will be made by EUROTOX Subcommittees Education and Registration.
- Payments will be made upon notification from the applicant after completion of project. A compilation of costs claimed with receipts and a bank account must be added.
- Time schedule, deadlines:
Applications can be submitted twice per year. Submission should be as early as possible, with the following deadlines:
- 30 November 2016 for courses between 1 January and 30 June 2017
- 31 May 2017 for courses between 1 July and 31 December 2017
IV. Costs that can be covered
Costs of travel (tourist class) and accommodation (up to EUROTOX standards)
Total per teacher (maximally) € 700.00